Sunday, April 23, 2006

Holiday Skin vs Summer Glow



The latest range of moisturisers hitting the shelves boasts daily moisturisation with a subtle tanning effect which gradually builds a light tan. If, like me, you hate applying self tanner which leaves ur skin streaky and palms orangy, then this is the product to get. Johnsons Holiday Skin was the first to hit beauty shelves here in Australia and upon reading a review about it in a magazine, I had to get myself a bottle! Upon first whiff, it smelt surprisingly pleasant and did not have that nasty self tanning smell. Alas, when I applied it all over my body, the smell quickly faded away and left that horrible self tanning smell which kept me awake for half the night. Not one to be discouraged, I tried it again the following day. Again, was left with that nasty smell, resulting in Johnsons Holiday Skin being chucked to one corner never to be taken out again!




While walking around the city 1 day, I came across Dove Summer Glow body lotion. This smelt much much better than Johnson's Holiday Skin but I was worried that the same thing would happen when I used Holiday Skin. Nevertheless, I decided to give it a shot, and at only $3.99, I figured it was alright even if it came out smelling horrible.

Well, I've used it twice now and I'm absolutely convinced that this is way better than Johnson's Holiday Skin. The scent is absolutely fab and doesnt fade away as quckly as Holiday Skin does. Even after the scent does fade, Summer Glow didn't leave behind that repulsive self tanning smell! Now all that's left is to see whether it gives me that "Summer Glow".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home