Thursday, November 10, 2005

I love and miss you so very much


The 10th of every month marks another month that my beloved Pepper has left me. To date, it has been 8 months since I last saw her. Looking back now, the memories of the incident are still fresh in my mind even though 8 months has passed, it somehow still feels like it happened not that long ago.

They say 'Time heals all wounds'. I agree. It took me about 6-7 months for the gaping hole in my heart to heal. I may have looked happy on the outside, but when night falls, I always say a little prayer for her before I go to bed. Not a single day goes by where I don't think of her. Every little thing reminds me of her. It used to be worse during the first few months. Just the slightest mention of her or her picture would bring tears to my eyes, and I would cry myself to sleep everynight.

But, I've come to terms with her leaving me, it was long and painful, but I've done it. I know that she is safe and happy in her little doggy heaven, awaiting the day when I will join her, get to kiss her, smell her doggy smell and get to hold her in my arms again.

The lyrics to the song 'Goodbye for now', playing on my blog. The words are truely meaningful and are words which portray my exact feelings when she left me.


Goodbye for now

I can’t believe that you’re really gone now.
Seems like it’s all just a dream
How can it be that the world would go on
When something has died within me
Leaves will turn, my heart will burn
With colors of you
Snow will fall, but I’ll recall your warmth
Summer wind, breathing in your memory
I’ll miss you

But there will be a time
When I’ll see your face
And I’ll hear your voice
And there we will laugh again
And there will come a day
When I’ll hold you close
No More tears to cry
‘Cause we’ll have forever
But I’ll say Goodbye for now

I can’t imagine my life without you
You held a place all your own
Just knowing you were beneath the same sky
Oh what a joy I have known
On rainy days, in many ways
You’ll water my heart
On starry nights I’ll glmipse the light
of your smile
Never far from my heart

You’ll stay with me
So I’ll wait…for now

2 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

baby, ur entry made me teared.. pepper is so lucky to have u as a owner.. i'm thankful to have you as well.. i love you baby.. i'm sorry for making you feel as if we're not spending enough time.. you know how i'm when it comes to exams.. after exams i'll bring u go play ok? work first, play later..

anyway, i'm sure many others who read this entry will related to some sad experiences of their own. the combination of the song and the entry made me shed 2 tears, yes, 2. too bad u din get to see it! haha.. love ya..

love and miss ya too, Pepper..

8:40 AM  
Blogger bEll said...

=( it is indeed so very touching...

*hugs jill*

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home