Thursday, September 01, 2005

How do you rekindle a flame that has died down?

Was reading through bran's and my very first blog entries. That got me thinking back to that period of time when we first got together.. the shyness and sweetness of a couple entering a new relationship, the tenderness and care that we showed each other during those days.

How does 1 go about getting that spark back into their relationship? Are all relationships like that? Do they all die down?

I'm not saying that I'm unhappy with my relationship now. It's just that I miss those "honeymoon" days. That "butterflies in your tummy" feeling you always get when you know you're gonna meet him today. You put in effort to dress up because you want to look your best for him. I used to stand in front of my wardrobe, trying on tons of different outfits before finally settling on one, whenever I knew I was gonna meet him that day. Where has that feeling gone? I guess we're getting stuck in a rut...the relationship has become routine, almost boring...

When I read those past entries that he wrote, I remember the "brandon" at that time, and the feeling comes back for awhile. But only for awhile..

Is the relationship getting stagnant? Or is there something greater in store for the two of us? I hope it is the latter..

note: This post does not mean that I am sick and tired of my relationship. I still love you baby and I couldn't imagine my life without you.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tink every relationship loses the butterfly feeling after sometime. But it is not due to the loss of love or anything, it's just a stage whereby every couple has to grow.. beyond the strange n shy feeling into the comfortable feeling which is often mistaken as habit or 'i dun love u as much anymore'. Well... maybe dats y ppl often stray... to get the sparks kind of feeling... but afta get.... den u realise dat u'll grow thru the same thing. I think everything boils down to contentment.... sighs... i'm rambling haha..

1:20 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

yeah... i get what you're talkin about... just wanted abit of that magic back... but all's fine! i'm contented with wat i've got!

3:02 AM  
Blogger Bush Frog said...

awww..... brandon. How? come, i think I need to impart some charm skills to you. wink*

11:33 AM  
Blogger pampooneh said...

i wish i knew the answer to that. getting the spark back, that's the same question i've been asking myself :)

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home